Who can it help?
Any child or adolescent can be referred. Diverse reasonings branching from minor educational or social difficulties to exposure or victim of severe trauma.
Every child has a history and every child deserves a future that they are happy living. We believe that AW Play Therapy provides children and adolescents the opportunity to strive and achieve their full potential and accept themselves and their pasts in order to move to a successful future.
Here are some examples of why a child or adolescent may be referred to:
AW Play Therapy:
- Academically or socially under achieving
- Has nightmares or has disturbed sleep
- Is at risk of being/is excluded from school
- Has suffered trauma
- Has suffered emotional, physical or sexual abuse
- Is/in the process of being adopted or fostered (with consent
- Separated/divorced parents
- Suffers from anxiety, stress or phobias
- Has suffered a loss or bereavement
- Is withdrawn or continually unhappy
- Is ill, disabled, learning disabled or autistic
- Finds it difficult to make friends
- Quarrels frequently with peers or siblings
- Bullies others or is bullied themselves
- Displays inappropriate behaviour
- Doesn’t play